Tuesday, May 10, 2016

korean learning journey

Hi guys! So this is a pic of my prized korean textbooks, from left to right 
1) Yonsei Reading 2 (a lil out of my depth right now, but slowly working my way through the readings!)
2) Sogang Writing 1 (which i just bought today!) totally out of my depth. I think it's level 3 stuff. oops)
3) Sogang textbooks from 1a up to 2a (i LOVE this series. i will buy 2b once i finish 2a, hopefully soon!)
4) Complete guide to the TOPIK by darakwon - really good! working my way through it slowly. i'm learning vocab from it (not the intended effect but still)
5) Ewha 1-2 textbook & workbook
6) Korean dictionary (the first korean book i bought years ago!)


So I learnt hangeul and basic korean around 6 years ago when I was still in uni from the internet/ talk to me in korean, but never really was able to read fluently no matter how much i self-taught myself.

I started formal korean classes in Feb this year at Ezsam language center and they're really good! It kickstarted my korean learning and i'm now halfway Sogang book 2A. Although the actual class i'm still in is still basic 3 which means they're doing chapter 4-6 of Sogang 1A. Haha. I really enjoy the classes though! The feeling of accomplishment when I understood the entire 1A textbook and completed the whole workbook in a different language is really indescribable.

I've started this blog because of the joy i get from reading all the other korean students blogs - like hangukdrama etc, and just to track my language learning journey. And maybe to put some interesting grammar points as well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment